Healthy Creamy Coleslaw
May 17, 2012 - By Karine Larose, M.Sc.
With summer just around the corner and the warm weather of the recent days, it is more than normal to crave a fresh and light lunch. Here’s a creamy coleslaw recipe, which has nothing to do with the ones offered in restaurants. It tastes much better, and more importantly, it’s healthier!
Yield : 4 portions
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Refrigeration ; 30 minutes
- 1 apple (cubed)
- juice of 1½ lemons
- 1 bag prepared shredded coleslaw (containing carrots and red and green cabbage)
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1½ tbsp celery seeds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, place apple and lemon juice. Add rest of the ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whip all the ingredients for the dressing. Add the dressing to the salad and refrigerate approximately 30 minutes.
- Enjoy your homemade creamy coleslaw!
Nutritional values per serving : Calories: 159, Carbs: 25g, Fat: 6g, Protein: 5g
This creamy coleslaw recipe is perfect for barbecuing burgers like this spicy chicken burger!
Healthy Creamy Coleslaw is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2012