Spicy Chicken Burger
Fall may be knocking at our doors, but you can still enjoy your barbecue! If temperature allows it, there is no reason not to! Try this spicy chicken burger recipe on a special occasion or a family dinner!
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) garlic powder
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) paprika
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) coriander seeds, ground
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) brown sugar
- 2,5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) chili pepper powder
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ginger powder
- 2 (180 g each) chicken breasts, cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 30 ml (2 tablespoon) light mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 tablespoon) 0 % fat Greek yogurt
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) Sriracha sauce *spicy asian sauce
Hamburger seasoning (per burger)
- 1 whole wheat small hamburger bun
- 2 red onion slices
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 tomato slice
And as a side dish, why not prepare a mixed salad or our healthy creamy coleslaw?
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, and Sriracha sauce. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In another bowl, mix all the spices and add the chicken. Cook on the barbecue for about 5 minutes on each side. Grill the buns at the last minute.
- Add the seasonings of your choice (onion, lettuce, tomato, etc.).
Nutritional values per serving: 363 calories, 35 g carbs, 15g fat, 25g protein
Did you like this spicy chicken burger? Try this Thai turkey burger recipe, which can also be made on the barbecue!