Five Tips to Spice up your Spring Workout Routine!
Since you’re already cleaning out your closets and making space for spring gear, you should use this early April opportunity to reassess your current training methods.
Did they produce the expected results? Do you lack the motivation to train diligently? Read below to get back in the game, or simply to spice up your routine!
- First, assess the situation. Evaluate your physical condition to determine key elements, including your blood pressure, cardiovascular endurance, body mass composition, and lifestyle. This will make it possible to evaluate the fruit of your labour and design a new training program. Make an appointment today!
- Set yourself a challenge! What about signing up for a 5-km run this summer? Setting clear objectives will help you keep your motivation to stay in shape. Participating in a race, a bike rally, or any other physical competition (there are plenty out there!) will force you to take the necessary steps to accomplish your goal. However, make sure to be properly prepared. To do so, you may join one of our supervised training groups, such as our running preparation and cycling preparation In addition to receiving moral support from the group, getting professional guidance from a kinesiologist will give you confidence and provide you with a custom-tailored plan to ensure you’ll be ready on race day!
- A good cleanup is just as beneficial to the mind as it is to the body! Meditation and yoga are also healthy practices that should be part of your weekly routine to take charge, as they’ll help settle your mind and reduce stress. Find out how focusing on your breathing and emptying your mind of everyday hassles will help you reach inner peace, and how these benefits will trickle into your daily life. Consult the yoga class schedule of our seasoned instructors, and register for the spring session!
- Novelty is like a breath of fresh air! Both on the mental and physical levels, changing your training routine, the exercises in your workouts, and even your training schedule can boost your motivation, and even enhance your results. With the days now getting longer, try to perform one or two early morning workouts per week so you can feel the benefits throughout the day! Integrate a new activity by participating in a group class. Have you ever tried Zumba? Group cycling? Power Fit? Pilates? Give it a shot!
- Health starts in your plate! Because a healthy nutrition is the basis of a healthy body, take this opportunity to clean your pantry and review your nutritional habits. Treat your body kindly with fresh food in a variety of colours and in adequate quantities. By adopting a custom plan, you will get results faster while enhancing your overall health. Not sure where to start? Meet one of our nutritionists. Our staff will be pleased to assist you.
Every opportunity to take care of yourself is worth it! So, why not take advantage of spring to boost your motivation! As a final note, remember that being active is a conscious decision. Only those with mental fortitude who are willing to take charge will be able to get back in shape, both mentally and physically. What are you going to do today to improve your health?
By Karine Larose, M. Sc.