Simple and Energizing Homemade Granola
This homemade granola recipe will round out your breakfast and give it a boost of energy. Add a 100g serving (80 calories) to some vanilla flavoured Greek yogurt and a ½ cup serving of field berries (approx. 40 calories).
Yield : 16 portions
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
- 2 cups oat flakes
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/2 cup cubed dried apricots
- ½ cup cubed dried figs
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 125 ml (½ cup) roasted unsalted cashews
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Toss the oats, coconut, and almonds together in a large bowl. Whisk together the oil and honey in a small bowl. Pour the liquids over the oat mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until all the oats and nuts are coated.
- Pour onto a 13 by 18 by 1-inch sheet pan. Bake, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the mixture turns a nice, even, golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool, stirring occasionally. Add the apricots, figs, cherries, cranberries, and cashews. Store the cooled homemade granola in an airtight container.
Nutritional values per serving : Calories: 199 | Carbs: 22 g | Fat: 12 g | Protein : 4 g
Do you like to make your own homemade granola? Try this recipe of Coconut Granola available on our Ultime Fit platform!