July 20, 2012 - By Karine Larose, M.Sc.
Here is a breakfast recipe from my book “10-4: Perdre 10 livres en 4 semaines.”, some delicious choco-banana muffins. For your information, my book is still available in all our centres. Bon appétit!
Serves : 12 muffins
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (60 ml) 1% milk
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground flax seed
- ½ cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- ½ (2 ml) tsp salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) walnuts, chopped
- 2 squares (1 oz or 30 g) 70% dark chocolate, crumbled
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, egg, milk, and bananas. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, ground flax seed, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the contents of the large bowl, stirring just enough to moisten (avoid mixing too much) and drop the mixture into a muffin pan lined with paper cups.
- Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate and bake in a 375oF oven for about 20 minutes (do not overcook).
Did you like this choco-banana breakfast muffin recipe? Try this breakfast muffin recipe, but with a salty taste; Ham and Sweet Red Pepper Breakfast Muffin.
Serve with (1 portion)
1 cup (250 ml) chocolate soy milk
Nutritional values per portion : 190 calories, 28 g carbohydrates, 3 g proteins, 7 g fat
Choco-banana muffins is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2012