Ham and Sweet Red Pepper Breakfast Muffin
April 17, 2014 - By Sophie Blais
125 ml (1/2 cup) whole wheat flour
190 ml (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking powder
250 ml (1 cup) part-skim ricotta cheese
60 ml (1/4 cup) parmesan cheese
4 large eggs
150 g (1 cup) cooked ham, diced
375 ml (1 ½ cup) sweet red and green pepper, diced
3 green onions, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Each serving of this recipe contains:
328 calories / 30 g carbs / 24 g proteins / 13 g fat / 2 g fiber
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients, except for the ham, sweet red pepper, and green onions.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, stirring gently.
- Add the ham, sweet red pepper, and green onions. Add salt and pepper.
- Spread the batter in nonstick muffin pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- For a complete breakfast, eat 2-3 muffins! Or add a fruit or greek yogurt to your breakfast.
By Sophie Blais
Ham and Sweet Red Pepper Breakfast Muffin is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2014
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment