Watermelon & cucumber salsa
This refreshing watermelon & cucumber salsa is the perfect snack or appetizer for a hot summer day. On top of that, it’s super easy to make and can be prepared ahead of the party!
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 1 cup watermelon, very small cubes
- 1 cup cucumber, very small cubes
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 1/4 tsp, salt
- Corn chips
- Mix all the salsa ingredients in a large bowl
- Refrigerate 1 hour to let the flavours bind
- Serve with corn chips
Nutritional values (recipe without corn chips): 104 calories, 9g fat, 3g protein, 26g carbohydrates, 3g fiber
- If you’re unsure how to cut watermelon, watch this Youtube video, this is by far my favourite method. In this recipe, I sliced the cubes smaller than shown on the Youtube video.
- For a more creative presentation of the recipe, serve the salsa in the shell of the watermelon. Click here to see an example.