Vegan Blueberry Crisp
August 15, 2023 - By Anick Vézina
Our favorite Quebec berries often entice us to buy them in large quantities. Whether from a visit to a “pick-your-own” farm or simply a visit to your local market, they’re home-grown, and they’re DELICIOUS! In addition to their great taste, these little blue gems have great antioxidant power. So, move over apple crisp… try our blueberry crisp instead. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 20-30 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Servings: 6 portions
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup pecans
- ½ cup (125ml) textured vegetable protein granules
- ½ cup (125ml) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45ml) oat flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted margarine
- 2 tbsp (30ml) chia seeds
- 5 tbsp (75ml) tempered water
- 4 cups (1L) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare blueberry mixture. In a bowl, combine blueberries, maple syrup and lemon juice. Spread blueberry mixture on bottom of 8×8-inch square pan.
- Prepare crunchy cereal mixture. First mix the chia seeds with the water, then let the mixture gel for 5 to 10 minutes. The result is a “chia egg”. This is used to replace eggs in vegan recipes.
- Meanwhile, toast the pecans in a frying pan over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Coarsely chop pecans.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, textured vegetable protein, brown sugar, oat flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add chia egg and melted margarine to dry mixture and mix well.
- Cooking. Spread this cereal mixture evenly over blueberry layer in pan, pressing lightly.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cereal mixture begins to brown.
- Cool, then serve your blueberry crisp with your choice of one of these side dishes:
- Greek yogurt and fruit
- Frozen yogurt and fruit coulis
- Whipped cream and fresh berries
- Maple syrup filet with fresh berries
- Apple/cinnamon compote
For more blueberry dessert ideas :
Nutritional values per serving : 325 calories | 42g carbohydrates | 11g fat | 9g proteins | 8g fibers
Vegan Blueberry Crisp is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2023
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment