« Up and at ‘em » Breakfast Smoothie
Eating breakfast is essential if you want to start the day off right. Actually, this first meal of the day will help you concentrate, will energize your morning so you can get things done and, especially, will avoid cravings that can creap up on you later in the day. Here’s a great breakfast smoothie recipe that will surely add some colour to your mornings!
Yield : 2 portions
Particularity : Ready in 15 minutes or less
Preparation time : 5 minutes
- ½ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- ½ cup vanilla 0% Fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds*
- Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy your breakfast smoothie, as simple as that!
To accompany your smoothie (per portion):
- 1 slice multigrain bread toasted
- 1 tsp natural creamy peanut butter
- 30g cheddar cheese, low fat (7% fat)
*Did you know that…Chia seeds are naturally rich in dietary fiber and «healthy fats». Chia seeds contain 15% to 17% Omega3 as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). They also contain approximately 23% protein and are a good source of vitamin B9, calcium and antioxidants.
Nutritional values per serving : Calories: 393, Carbs: 56g, Fat: 11g, Protein : 20g
Do you tend to skip breakfast? Read this interesting article on the subject!