Thai shrimp salad
September 13, 2012 - By Karine Larose, M.Sc.
I am suggesting you a simple, easy-to-prepare meal idea that can be brought for lunch! This Thai shrimp salad recipe is full of flavours. You will appreciate its taste, and, in addition, you will have your fill!
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
- Zest and juice from a lime
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- ½ garlic clove, chopped
- 180 g raw shrimps, shells and tails peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 5 cups mixed salad
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Sidedish (per person)
½ pita bread
- In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a pan, grill the shrimps in olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the red pepper, carrots, bean sprouts, mixed salad, peanuts, and cilantro. Add the dressing and garnish with the shrimps.
Nutritional values per serving: 469 calories, 50g carbs, 17g fat, 33g proteins
Did you like the flavours of this Thai shrimp salad? You will certainly like this Chicken and Shrimp Pad Thai!
Thai shrimp salad is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2012
Eat better and stay well informed with the Nautilus Plus blog!
Read articles from our experts and discover our healthy recipes.Subscribe to the blog