Squash Pottage and Coconut Shrimps
Fall has officially begun, and temperature has rapidly changed according to the new season. And who says colder weather says warm, hearty, and comforting meals. Here is a delicious squash pottage and coconut shrimps recipe that will give you a reason to savour a season food: the squash.
Per portion: 467 calories/ 66 g carbs/ 15 g fat/ 23 g proteins
1 white onion, chopped
15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh ginger, grated
15 ml (1 tablespoon) Indian spice mix or garam masala
1 potato, peeled and cubed
1,5 liter (6 cups) squash (pick your choice), peeled and cubed
1,5 liter (6 cups) low-sodium vegetable broth
3/4 can of light coconut milk
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
32 shrimps, raw and peeled
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 teaspoon curry powder
¼ can of light coconut milk
Juice from 1 lime
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Sidedish (per person)
1 whole wheat pita, grilled
1. In a large cooking pot, sauté the onions in olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, Indian spice mix, potato, and squash. Cook for a few minutes.
2. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer until the squash is tender, about 30 minutes.
3. In a pan, sauté the shrimps in olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Cook 1 minute. Add ¼ can of coconut milk and the lime juice. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. When the soup is ready, puree in a blender. Pour it back into the cooking pot, and add ¾ cup of coconut milk. Add salt and pepper.
5. To garnish, pour the pottage in a bowl, decorate with 8 shrimps, and sprinkle with cilantro.
By Karine Larose