Lemon veal escalopes
May 3, 2012 - By Karine Larose, M.Sc.
This is a simple recipe made of fresh ingredients that is really delicious! This dish, inspired by a typical Italian dish named vitello alla Piccata, allows us to quickly prepare veal in a different manner than usual. Bon appétit!
396 calories / 24,5 g carbs / 8,7 g fat / 49 g proteins
- 8 veal escalopes
- 15 ml olive oil
- 125 ml white wine
- 250 ml chicken broth
- 30 ml capers, chopped
- The zest of a lemon
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 6 fresh sage leaves, sliced thin
- Salt and pepper
4 potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, sliced thin
40 green beans
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Put the potatoes on a plate suitable for oven use, and mix them with olive oil and garlic. Cook for about 30 minutes.
- 15 minutes after the potatoes have begun to cook, prepare the veal. Season the escalopes with salt and pepper, and gently fry them in oil for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine until the wine boils down to about half the initial quantity. Add the chicken broth and let it boil down to half the initial quantity. Add the capers, sage, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Let it gently simmer.
- Add the green beans in the oven with the potatoes for the last 5 minutes.
- Before serving, add the escalopes to the simmering sauce for 1 minute.
Lemon veal escalopes is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2012
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment with a nutritionist