Ham Pasta Salad with Creamy Maple Sauce
March 20, 2023 - By Anaïs Duval-Violton
Here is a quick and easy recipe for a classic ham pasta salad with a delicious creamy maple sauce! As nutritious as it is delicious, this salad is perfect for the arrival of spring and the maple syrup season!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time : 8-10 minutes
- 375g whole wheat fusilli pasta, uncooked
- 400g smoked cooked ham, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 150g (1 cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, coarsely diced
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) plain Greek yogurt (0%)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mustard
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) maple syrup
- In a saucepan filled with water, bring to a boil, and cook pasta according to package directions. Strain, rinse in cold water, and set aside to drain completely.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté ham, onion, maple syrup and olive oil for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the ham and red onion mixture with the cherry tomatoes and English cucumber.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients: Greek yogurt, mustard, and maple syrup.
- Once the pasta has cooled, add it to the salad bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients and stir in the dressing. Mix well.
- Refrigerate or enjoy immediately.
Try other pasta salad recipes right here:
Nutritional information per serving: 532 calories | 8g fat | 83g carbohydrates | 7g fibers | 32g proteins
Ham Pasta Salad with Creamy Maple Sauce is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2023
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment