Coconut Orange Energy Balls
December 6, 2022 - By Véronique Dion-Cyr
With the holiday season approaching, you may already be thinking about the hostess gift you will be bringing to your family and friends. We suggest you trade in that box of chocolates for this delicious Coconut Orange Energy Balls mix in a jar! Your guests will just have to combine all the ingredients in the jar to complete the recipe. A simple, original, pretty, and nutritious gift suggestion.
We recommend you consume two energy balls for a perfect afternoon snack!
Yield: 10 servings (1 serving = 2 energy balls)
Prep time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 200g (~11units) Medjool style dates, shelled
- ½ cup (40g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup (60g) cashews
- ½ cup (55g) shelled hemp seeds
- ¾ tsp (3.75 ml) ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground ginger
- Zest of one orange
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 190ºF* (or 300ºF if your oven can go under 200ºF).
- Place orange zest (peel) on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Dehydrate the zest in the oven for about 30 minutes (3-5 minutes if the oven is at 300ºF) or until the zest becomes drier. Set aside.
- In a glass jar, carefully layer ingredients to create layers and top with orange zest.
- Instructions on gift tag: Mix all ingredients in blender. Nothing to add! Form into balls of about 1 tbsp and shape by hand. If you have coconut at home or orange peel, feel free to roll the balls in a small amount of these ingredients. Makes 20 coconut orange energy balls.
*Dehydration is ideal at low temperatures without cooking the food in question.
In the same vein, you could also make these Healthy Chocolate Christmas Cookies, a wonderful Christmas dessert to offer as a host gift!
Nutritional information per serving (2 energy balls): 116 calories | 2g proteins | 16g carbohydrates | 6g fat | 2g fibers
Coconut Orange Energy Balls is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2022
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment