Chicken sauté with creamy peanut sauce
In the mood for a little Thai touch? Then you will certainly enjoy this chicken sauté with peanut sauce. It is so smooth, creamy and tasty that you will feel as if you are treating yourself. Bon appétit!
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) natural peanut butter
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) honey
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) soya sauce
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) rice vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red hot chili pepper, chopped (or ½ teaspoon chili powder)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cilantro, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 1/ 4 white onion, cubed in big pieces
- 2 (360g) chicken breast, cubed
- 1 red pepper, cubed in big pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut in slices
- 8 (340 g) small bok-choy (Chinese cabbage), cut in four pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Sidedish (per person)
½ cup brown rice, cooked
- In a large bowl, mix the garlic, peanut butter, honey, soya sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, ginger, chili pepper, and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a pan, sauté the onions in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add the chicken, sweet pepper, zucchini, and bok-choy. Add salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from heat and add the peanut sauce to warm it up. Serve your chicken and vegetables on a bed of rice.
Nutritional values per serving : 423 calories, 46g carbs, 14g fat, 30g protein
Do you have any leftover poultry after you’ve made your chicken sauté? Try this Chicken Fajitas recipe!