Chicken Curry in Coconut Milk
April 12, 2012 - By Karine Larose, M.Sc.
This chicken curry in coconut milk recipe is sure to please any Indian food lover. In order to complete this meal, we suggest you serve it with ½ cup cooked basmati or long grain rice, and 4 steamed asparagus spears ( 13 calories). Bon appetit !
Yield : 6 portions
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 Italian tomatoes, seeded and diced
- One can light coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Garam Masala (Indian spice blend)
- 1 red or green Chili pepper, finely chopped
- 681g (1 ½ lbs) deboned, skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
Side dish (per person)
- ½ cup cooked basmati or long grain rice
- 4 steamed asparagus spears
- Heat oil in pan. Add onions and cook until sightly golden. Add garilic and ginger. Cook 1 minute. A
- dd tomatoes, coconut milk, garam masala, chili pepper and salt. Simmer on LOW for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken strips. Bring to boil, and then lower heat and allow to simmer 5 to 8 minutes. Add lime juice and top with fresh coriander. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as necessary. Serve. Enjoy !
Nutritional values per serving : Calories: 231, Carbs: 9g, Fat: 9g, Protein : 26g
Did you like this chicken curry in coconut milk? Try this Tofu, curry and coconut Thai soup, a vegetarian recipe!
Chicken Curry in Coconut Milk is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2012
Eat better and stay well informed with the Nautilus Plus blog!
Read articles from our experts and discover our healthy recipes.Subscribe to the blog