Tofu, Curry, and Coconut Thai Soup
You have a hard time figuring out how to include tofu in your daily meals? Here is a surprising and completely delicious Thai soup, that will content all your family members!
The coconut milk adds a smooth, creamy texture and a sweet taste to this soup. Combined with the spicy touch of the curry paste and the hot pepper, it creates a perfect harmony!
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) yellow or red curry paste
- 400 ml (1) can light coconut milk
- 900 ml (3 ½ cups) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 500 ml (2 cups) carrots, cubed
- 500 ml (2 cups) cauliflower, cut in florets
- 175 g (1/2 pack) tofu, firm, cut in slices
- 1 hot pepper, finely chopped (to taste)
- 2,5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A few lime wedges
- A few fresh cilantro leaves
Sidedish (per person)
2 slices of multigrain bread, grilled
50 g cheddar cheese, low-fat (7 % M.G.)
- In a large pan, heat the oil to medium-high. Add the onion, and cook for about 5 minutes. Then, add the garlic, and brown for 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk, vegetable broth, carrots, cauliflower, tofu, hot pepper, and turmeric. Add salt and pepper. Let simmer at medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, or until all vegetables are cooked.
- To garnish this dish, add a lime wedge and cilantro leaves.
Nutritional values per serving (including sidedish) : 381 calories, 52 g carbs, 10 g fat, 26 g proteins
Did you like this Thai soup? For something different while staying in the same flavors, try this delicious Thai turkey burger!