Carrot and Pineapple Cupcakes with yogurt icing
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- ½ starch
- ½ fat
- 1 sugar
Cette recette contient par portion :
167 calories | 25 g carbohydrates | 4 g proteins | 6 g fat | 2 g fibres
500 ml (2 cups) carrots, grated
250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened applesauce
190 ml (3/4 cup) canned pineapple, diced
125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
4 large eggs
10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
375 ml (1 ½ cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
60 ml (1/4 cup) flaxseed, ground
10 ml (2 tsp) backing powder
10 ml (2 tsp) cinnamon, ground
5 ml (1 tsp) backing soda
2,5 ml (1/2 tsp) nutmeg, ground
125 ml (1/2 cup) 0% plain yogurt
250 g (1) container light cream cheese, at room temperature
250 ml (1 cup) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C)
- In a bowl, mix the carrots, applesauce, pineapple, maple syrup, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the two flours, flaxseed, backing powder, cinnamon, backing soda, and nutmeg. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the 24 cups of muffin pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Mix all the ingredients with an electric mixer. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- When cooked, let the cakes cool before icing.
From the recipe book Zero Diet 2!