Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Each serving of this recipe contains:
387 calories | 30 g carbs | 32 g proteins | 17 g fat | 9 g fibre
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 litres (8 cups) baby spinach
- (232 g) 8 slices whole wheat bread, fat-free, with no added sugar Bon Matin Festin de grains
- (200 g) 8 slices of light cheddar cheese, 7% M.F.
- 8 large eggs
- A dash of Tabasco or chili flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
In a pan, warm up 5 ml of olive oil. Add the onions and garlic, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the baby spinach, and cook for another minute. Add salt and pepper.
Put the bread slices Bon Matin Festin de grains on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Garnish with stir-fried spinach, add cheese, and bake for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts.
Meanwhile, use the same pan to add another 5 ml of olive oil, and cook your eggs over low heat for 1 minute on each side. Add salt and pepper.
Garnish your toast with an egg, and then add some Tabasco or chili flakes, to taste.
Alyssa Fontaine, nutritionist for Zero Diet (Recipe from the Zero Diet 2 cookbook)