Zucchini, pecans, and raisin bread
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 50 min.
Calories: 204 | Fat: 10 g | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Fibre: 2 g | Protein: 5 g
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole-wheat flour
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) baking powder
- 5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) baking soda
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) cinnamon
- 2,5 ml (1/4 teaspoon) nutmeg
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) light sour cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 500 ml (2 cups) zucchinis, grated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) raisins
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Put the rack in the middle position.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, mix the moist ingredients: maple syrup, sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whip in the dry ingredients until you get a smooth texture. Use a clean and dry cloth to press all the water out of the zucchinis, and add them to the mix, along with the raisins and 60 ml (1/4 cup) of pecans.
- Pour the mix in a 9X 5 in. non-stick loaf pan, or use a parchment paper in a regular pan. Garnish with the rest of the pecans (60 ml or 1/4 cup), and bake for 50-60 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the centre is dry.
- Let the bread cool down in the pan for about 10 minutes before unmoulding.