Tasty Yule Log
December 1, 2020 - By Amélie Deschamps
A holiday classic cannot be forgotten, so here is my Yule Log recipe inspired by my grandmother’s traditional cookbook. I am sure your family will love this tasty dessert… and ask for more the next day, while sipping a good latte!
Nutrition facts: 175kcal | 3g fats (1g saturated) | 6g protein | 80mg sodium | 4 g fiber | 34g carbohydrates
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of cold water
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of date puree
- ½ cup of icing sugar
- 1 tbsp ground chia seed
- 1 cup of strawberries, cut in half to garnish the cake
- Preheat oven at 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper oiled lightly with spray oil.
- Beat the eggs on high speed with mixer for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, water and vanilla and continue beating until the mixture is light.
- Add the dry ingredients while mixing at low speed.
- Spread the dough on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool before removing parchment paper.
- For the icing, mix all the ingredients in a bowl then garnish the top of the cake. Save some icing for the outside of the log.
- Roll up the cake into a log shape using a kitchen towel.
- Garnish with icing on the outside, then garnish with strawberries (or any other festive fruit of your choice).
Tasty Yule Log is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2020