Snack: Nuts & Sweet n’ Spicy Dried Fruit
Make your own spiced trail mix with this quick and easy recipe! With this combination of flavors, this snack is absolutely delicious! Be careful to follow the number of servings ;). For a perfectly balanced snack, combine with Greek yogurt to increase the protein value.
Per serving: 115 calories / 8 g carbs / 9 g fat / 3 g proteins / 2 g fiber
250 ml (1 cup) raw cashews
125 ml (1/2 cup) pecans
60 ml (1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds
5 ml (1 teaspoon) curry powder
5 ml (1 teaspoon) honey
5 ml (1 teaspoon) olive oil
5 ml (1 teaspoon) garlic powder
2,5 ml (¼ teaspoon) cayenne peppers
60 ml (1/4 cup) dried Zante currants
60 ml (1/4 cup) dried cranberries
Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 275 °F.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the Zante currants and cranberries. Add salt and pepper.
- 3. Put parchment paper over a baking sheet, and spread the trail mix on top.
- 4. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Before adding the currants and cranberries, let the mix cool down for a while, stirring from time to time.
By Sophie Blais