Silky Strawberry Chia Seed Delight (Vegan)
On those hot summer days, there’s nothing better than a creamy strawberry dessert that’s slightly sweet and refreshing! This plant-based protein-rich mousse features a seasonal fruit that we love so much: the strawberry! Not only does it encourage local agriculture, it’s also easy to make with only 5 ingredients.
Discover other fresh strawberry recipe ideas in this article (available in French only): Les fraises du Québec en vedette.
Servings : 4
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : none
Refrigeration (optional) : 1 hour
- 500g fresh strawberries
- 400g plain extra-firm silken tofu
- 100 ml plain soy milk with no added sugar
- ¼ cup (65 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chia seeds
- Using your hands, coarsely break up the tofu into bite-sized pieces
- Hull strawberries and cut in half
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and silky
- Pour into glasses and refrigerate for 1 hour if you prefer to serve the mousse cold
Have any strawberries left over from this recipe? Try this delicious Strawberry Basil Breakfast Sandwich!