Shrimp, Pesto, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza
April 11, 2014 - By Sophie Blais
5 ml (1 teaspoon) olive oil
150 g (16) raw shrimps, peeled and deveined
1 garlic clove, chopped
310 ml (1 ¼ cup) mushrooms, sliced
190 ml (3/4 cup) leeks, sliced
60 ml (1/4 cup) partly skimmed ricotta cheese
30 ml (2 tablespoons) sun-dried tomato pesto
90 g (2) whole wheat pitas
125 ml (1/2 cup) fat-free mozzarella cheese, grated
30 ml (2 tablespoons) fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Each serving of this recipe contain :
395 calories / 36 g carbs / 36 g proteins / 14 g fat / 5 g fiber
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, and cook the shrimps for 1 minute on each side. Add the garlic, and resume cooking for 30 seconds. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the mushrooms and leeks, and cook for another 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Set aside with the shrimps.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and pesto.
- Put the pitas on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- On each pita, spread layers of pesto sauce, mushrooms, leeks and shrimps, and mozzarella cheese, and then garnish with basil.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly browned.
By Sophie Blais
Shrimp, Pesto, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2014
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment