Salmon fillets with mango-flavoured Asian sauce
Here is a quick, delicious, and healthy meal recipe. In addition, salmon is one of the fish that contains the most omega-3. Several studies show that the consumption of omega-3 is beneficial to cardiovascular health. If possible, buy wild salmon (usually frozen), because it contains a lot more omega-3.
Per serving (including side dish) : 397 calories/ 58 g carbs/ 8g fat/ 25 g proteins / 6 g fiber
4 (90 g each) wild salmon fillets, skinless
5 ml (1 teaspoon) olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 mango, cubed
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fish sauce
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) honey
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) low-sodium soya sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Juice from a lime
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) flaked hot chili pepper (to taste)
- 1.2 ml (1/4 teaspoon) turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Side dish (per person)
- 125 ml (½ cup) snow peas, steamed
- 125 ml (½ cup) carrots, steamed
- 125 ml (½ cup) basmati rice, cooked
- In a food processor, mix all the mango sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a pan, cook the salmon fillets in olive oil for about 6 minutes on each side. Add salt and pepper.
- In the same pan, add the mango sauce in order to heat it up. To compliment your meal, add steamed carrots and snow peas, as well as a serving of basmati rice.