Salmon cakes with carrot and spinach
Although very good, fish is often served as fillet with rice and vegetables… In the long run, this can get a little boring! This is why I am suggesting you this salmon cakes recipe, so that you can include fish in your menu in a different, and most of all, delicious manner.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooling : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 10 to 20 minutes
- 450 g skinless salmon
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 100 ml carrots, finely grated
- 100 ml fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 250 ml 0 % fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mint, chopped
- The zest of a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Mix all ingredients in a robot-mixer. Leave mixture to stand in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Using a spoon, shape the salmon cakes and put them on a non-stick plate suitable for use in the oven. Depending on size, cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side.
- While the cakes are cooking, prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients.
- I suggest that you serve them with fresh oven-baked asparagus sprinkled with lemon juice.
Did you like these salmon cakes? Try this coconut and salmon curry recipe, different flavor but really tasty!