Quinoa and Grilled Vegetables Salad
Quinoa is definitely one of my favourite grains! So delicious, rich in nutrients, gluten-free, high in protein… It is considered a “superfood,” and is easily found in supermarkets, thanks to its high popularity! This recipe is perfect for lunches, but can also be served as a warm supper.
355 calories / 44 g carbs / 10 g fat / 23 g protein / 7 g fiber
1 red onion, sliced in rings
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
½ eggplant, sliced in rings
1 zucchini, cut into juliennes
1 sweet red pepper, diced
¼ teaspoon thyme, dry
10 ml (2 teaspoons) olive oil
750 ml (2 ½ cups) low-sodium vegetable broth
250 ml (1 cup) 3-color or regular quinoa
250 g (1) chicken breast, diced
30 ml (2 tablespoons) store-bought pesto
15 ml (1 tablespoon) cider vinegar
5 ml (1 teaspoon) old-fashioned mustard
5 ml (1 teaspoon) maple syrup
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 215 °C (425 °F).
- In a large bowl, mix the onion, garlic, eggplant, zucchini, red sweet pepper, thyme, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake the vegetables for 30 minutes on parchment paper or silicone. Stir halfway through cooking. Let cool down.
- During this time, prepare the quinoa. Cook according to instructions in 2 cups of vegetable broth. Let cool down.
- In a small pan, cook the chicken in ½ cup of vegetable broth. Let cool down.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing: pesto, cider vinegar, mustard, and maple syrup. Add salt and pepper.
- In a salad bowl, mix the quinoa, vegetables, chicken, and dressing.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley or basil.
By Sophie Blais