Pork tenderloin on sweet potato puree
Are you planning a dinner party this weekend ? Here’s a crowd-pleaser ! The flavour of the sweet potato lends itself so well to pork. This plate is not only delicious, it is colourful and eye-catching.
A surefire hit ! And if Mother Nature cooperates, you can also prepare the meat on the grill.
Yield : 4 portions
Calories: 395 | Carbs: 57g | Fat: 5g | Protein : 31.5g
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mild smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ( for cooking )
- salt and pepper to taste
Sweet potato puree
- 3 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup partly skimmed milk
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh fennel (Italian celery), thinly sliced
- Cut pork tenderloin into 1 inch slices and set aside. In a bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, coriander, and hot pepper flakes. Coat the pork slices with this mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- To prepare the puree ; Place potatoes in a pot and add just enough water to cover them. Cook on medium heat until fork tender. Once cooked, drain the water, add milk and pepper, and mash until smooth. Keep warm.
- To prepare the vegetables ; In another pot, steam the vegetable mixture for 5 to 7 minutes. Once cooked, keep warm.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook pork slices to desired doneness.
Once the meat is cooked, your are ready for the presentation. Place sweet potato puree on bottom of serving platter, surround the puree with vegetable mixture and finally, place pork tenderloin slices on top of puree. Serve immediately.