Lentil and Root Vegetables Salad with Maple Dressing
September 19, 2014 - By Sophie Blais
I don’t know about you, but with the changing weather, I feel like cooking comforting meals! I like to prepare meal salads for lunch, and this week I wanted to use lentils as they are often overlooked! They are so flavourful in salads and with this maple dressing, they are absolutely delicious!
310 ml (1 ¼ cup) brown French lentils, rinsed
750 ml (3 cups) low-sodium vegetable broth
250 ml (1 cup) carrots, cut into small dices
250 ml (1 cup) onion, cut into small dices
250 ml (1 cup) turnip, cut into small dices
3 garlic cloves, chopped
30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
5 ml (1 teaspoon) fresh rosemary, chopped
30 ml (2 tablespoons) maple syrup
30 ml (2 tablespoons) orange juice
15 ml (1 tablespoon) balsamic vinegar
125 ml (1/2 cup) low-fat (18% M.F.) cheddar cheese, cut into dices
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a saucepan, cook the lentils in vegetable broth for about 25 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the carrots, onion and turnip with garlic, 15 ml of olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or on a silicone tray, bake the vegetable mix for 20 minutes. Five minutes towards the end of cooking, add 15 ml of maple syrup and mix thoroughly. Let cool.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl. Mix 15 ml of olive oil, 15 ml of maple syrup, the orange juice, and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- When everything is ready and lukewarm, use a large bowl to mix the lentils, roasted vegetables, cheddar cheese, and dressing.
- Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Each serving of this recipe contains:
417 calories / 58 g carbs / 23 g protein / 11 g fat / 9 g fibre
By Sophie Blais
Lentil and Root Vegetables Salad with Maple Dressing is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2014
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment