Festive Greek Yogurt and Spirulina Mini Cakes
November 14, 2023 - By Anaïs Duval-Violton
The Ultime Fit platform powered by Nautilus Plus celebrates its 5th anniversary! Yes, it’s already been 5 years since the launch of this great online training and nutrition platform. What better way to celebrate than with a colorful birthday cake! Here’s a recipe for mini festive cakes with Greek yogurt and spirulina. It’s the spirulina that gives the mini cakes its lovely blue-green color. You can enjoy it as a dessert or a snack. One thing’s for sure: you’ll be very satisfied!
Where can I find spirulina? In powder form, packaged in plastic bags or containers, you’ll find it in the health food corner or supplement aisle of most grocery stores.
Serving: 6-8 portions
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (250ml) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) spirulina powder
- ¾ cup (175ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- ¼ cup (60ml) plant-based margarine
- ½ cup (125ml) icing sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) 2% milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) spirulina
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place eggs, sugar, canola oil and Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl and blend with a food processor, beater or whisk until smooth.
- Add spirulina and blend again for a few seconds to incorporate the powder into the mixture.
- Gradually add flour and baking powder while mixing.
- Pour the mixture into three small 10cm diameter cake pans and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing. Whisk margarine, icing sugar, milk, and spirulina until smooth.
- Spread on the mini cakes once cooled.
Need more cake ideas to celebrate? Try these ones :
Nutrition Facts (for 6 servings): 466 calories | 20g fat | 60g carbohydrates | 1g fiber | 10g proteins
Festive Greek Yogurt and Spirulina Mini Cakes is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2023
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment