Comforting Veggie Lasagna Soup
November 9, 2022 - By Véronique Dion-Cyr
A lasagna soup: why not! Here is a recipe that is wonderfully comforting, nutritious and filling. Discover this vegetarian version served in a bowl! Feel free to double the recipe and freeze your portions separately for quick, convenient, and easy meals!
Quantity: 4 portions
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 50 min
Allergens: Gluten (wheat), soy
Ground meat substitute
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu (350g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) nutritional yeast (also known as nooch)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. liquid smoke
- 3 medium yellow onions, diced (275g)
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4L water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 can (796 mL) crushed tomatoes; no salt added
- 1 small can (156 mL) no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried oregano
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated cheese to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, break up the tofu with your hands into small pieces. Set aside.
- Mix spices, yeast, oil, soy sauce and liquid smoke. Add to the tofu pieces.
- Spread the tofu mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 minutes. Stir the tofu halfway through the cooking time. Once cooked and dehydrated, let stand at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, soften onion and garlic in oil. Add all other ingredients except lasagna noodles and tofu.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes, until the liquid has been well reduced.
- Add lasagna noodles and continue cooking for 7-10 minutes, until noodles are cooked.
- Remove from heat, add tofu, and serve.
Note: Lasagna soup can be frozen for up to 4 months.
Do you like comforting soup meals? Try these :
Nutritional Information: 425 calories | 22g proteins | 70g carbohydrates | 10g fat | 11g fibers
Comforting Veggie Lasagna Soup is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2022
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment