Chocolate Chips Meringue
February 27, 2013 - By Sophie Blais
You have a sweet tooth? These small chocolate chips meringues will satisfy you! Because the recipe gives 24 servings, this is the ideal dessert if you invite guests over!
Per serving: 48 calories / 9 g carbs / 1 g fat / 1 g protein
4 egg whites
1 large pinch of salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
100 g dark 70 % chocolate, thinly sliced
5 ml cacao powder
1. Preheat oven to 225 °F.
2. In a bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla, and salt until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon every 10 seconds, until you have a firm and smooth texture. Gently incorporate the chocolate.
4. Put the mix on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or a silicone mat, making small mounds with a tablespoon. Keep 2 cm between each meringue.
5. Cook until they are dry and slightly golden, for about 60 minutes. Let cool down.
6. Garnish the meringues with a little cacao powder.
By Sophie Blais
Chocolate Chips Meringue is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2013