Chicken Rigatoni with Rosée Sauce
June 18, 2014 - By Sophie Blais
Do you think pasta is prohibited during a weight loss process? Not at all! It’s all about quantity! Simple make sure there are enough proteins and vegetables to make the dish healthy. We usually avoid using cream in sauces, and this is why I used ricotta cheese instead. It’s up to you to try it!
10 ml (2 teaspoons) olive oil
125 ml (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
400 ml (1) can of low sodium tomato sauce
30 ml (2 tablespoons) tomato paste
10 ml (2 teaspoons) basil
10 ml (2 teaspoons) oregano
200 g (2) chicken breasts, diced
200 g rigatoni pasta
250g (1/2) eggplant, peeled and diced
2 zucchinis, diced
1 sweet red pepper, diced
125 ml (1/2 cup) regular ricotta cheese
60 ml (1/4 cup) of pasta cooking water
Salt and pepper, to taste
Each serving of this recipe contains:
415 calories / 57 g carbs / 29 g proteins / 9 g fat / 7 g fibres
- In a saucepan, heat 5 ml of olive oil and cook the onions for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat during 20 minutes.
- During this time, heat 5 ml of olive oil in a frying pan. Cook the chicken for about 6 minutes, stirring regularly. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the indications on the package.
- Add the vegetables in the frying pan. Add salt and pepper, and cook for another 8 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the chicken, set aside, and keep warm.
- When the sauce is ready, add the ricotta cheese. Mix thoroughly and wait a few minutes for the sauce to heat up. Add the pasta cooking water to the sauce.
- To serve, divide the pasta in four servings, add the sauce, and garnish with vegetables and chicken.
By Sophie Blais
Chicken Rigatoni with Rosée Sauce is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2014
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment