Chicken and Raisin Quinoa Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Portions : 4
- 1 starch
- ½ meat and alternatives
- 2 vegetable
- 1 fruit
- 1 fat
per portion :
430 calories | 50 g carbohydrates | 23 g proteins | 17 g fat | 6 g fibre
190 ml (3/4 cup) rainbow quinoa
375 ml (1½ cups) low sodium chicken broth
270 g (1½) chicken breasts in cubes
5 ml (1 tsp) olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
160 g (4 cups) arugula or baby spinach
400 g (2 cups) red grapes, halved
4 leaves of fresh basil, chapped
1 cucumber (300 g), sliced
60 ml (1/4 cup) pecans, chopped
40 g (1/4 cup) red onion, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
5 ml (1 tsp) maple syrup
5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
½ clove garlic, minced
- Cook the quinoa in the chicken broth according to the instructions on the package. Set aside to cool.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook the cubes of chicken in the olive oil for 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring from time to time. Seasin with salt and pepper. Set aside and let cool.
- In a big salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix well.
From the recipe book Zero Diet 2!