Carrot and Pineapple Cake
Per serving : 219 calories / 38 g carbs / 4 g fat / 8 g proteins / 4 g fiber
750 ml (3 cups) carrots, grated
375 ml (1 ½ cup) pumpkin purée (canned)
125 ml (1/2 cup) pineapple, cut into small dices
125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
10 ml (2 teaspoons) pure vanilla extract
375 ml (1 ½ cup) whole wheat flour
250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
10 ml (2 teaspoons) baking powder
10 ml (2 teaspoons) cinnamon
5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking soda
2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) nutmeg
125 ml (1/2 cup) 0 % fat plain yogurt
125 ml (1/2 cup) light cream cheese
125 ml (1/2 cup) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a bowl, mix together the carrots, pumpkin purée, pineapples, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix the two flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and nutmeg. Incorporate the dry ingredients with the moist ingredients. Mix thoroughly with a spatula.
- Pour the mix in a cake mould.
- Cook in the center of the oven for about 45 – 60 min. Use a toothpick to check if the middle of the cake is dry.
- During that time, prepare the icing. Mix all the ingredients using an electric mixer. Set aside in the fridge.
- Once ready, let the cake cool down before putting the icing on it.
By Sophie Blais