9 tips for taking charge food-wise
- To satisfy your hunger faster and feel full for longer, stick to the amounts of food recommended for a “healthy plate” when having lunch and dinner.
- To curb hunger pangs and cravings throughout the day, rather than set your alarm 30 minutes later in the morning, spend this time eating a breakfast that includes a little carbohydrate and protein.
Source : evewaspartiallyright.blogspot.ca
- To stop you from finishing a whole tub of ice cream in one go, serve yourself one portion and put the tub away.
- To have greater control over the amount of dressing on your salads in restaurants, ask for the dressing on the side. This way, you can cut over 100 calories.
- To reduce the liquid calories you drink, replace the sugar in your filter coffee by a drop of milk. (image de comparaison de calories – café sucré v. non sucré)
- To help you reduce portion sizes, use smaller plates.
Which plate contains the most?
- To reduce the number of calories in dairy products while preserving the calcium and protein, choose those that are low in milk fat.
- To increase your vitamin and fibre intake, add frozen vegetables to your stir fries, stews, soups, and even your spaghetti sauce.
- To feel full faster, drink 500 ml or two glasses of water before each meal.
Alyssa Fontaine, P.Dt.