25 Good Reasons To Take Charge Of Your Health Come January 2014
Today, it is common knowledge that regular exercise and a healthy diet are a must for staying healthy. Even so, far too many people are still sedentary, overweight, or eat poorly. Here are 25 reasons that could encourage you to keep up your healthy lifestyle or take charge of your health if you haven’t already done so.
Why should I eat well and exercise?
- To feel better about myself.
- To have more energy.
- Because exercise puts me in a better mood.
- Because healthy food is tasty.
- Because it’s a good example to set for my kids and those around me.
- For the good feeling every time I finish training.
- For well-being and balance.
- To enjoy life with my loved ones.
- Because I want to stay mentally and physically healthy for a long time to come.
- To preserve my mobility and keep on travelling to discover more corners of paradise on earth.
- To be able to take on all sorts of new challenges, whether they are personal, professional, or with family.
- Because I want to do all I can to prevent cancer.
- Because I feel proud each time I do something concrete to improve my health.
- To keep my weight in check and have an attractive silhouette.
- Because I want to stay physically appealing to my husband/wife.
- Because exercise is relaxing and clears my mind.
- Because it helps me fall asleep and sleep better.
- Because I want to be able to think clearly and avoid memory loss for as long as possible.
- To perform better in my leisure activities and sports.
- Because I like it when people tell me I look fit!
- Because it obligates me to build self discipline.
- Because I inspire those around me to take care of their health.
- Because I want to stop taking my medication for high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- Because I want to live a long life in good health!
- In a nutshell, because I deserve to take care of myself!
And what are your motives for taking charge of your health?
I’m sure some of the above reasons call out to you. Write them down and post them in an obvious place to remind you every day how important it is to take care of yourself!
By Karine Larose