Vegan Maple Mont Blanc
June 20, 2022 - By Sabrina Lamarre
This is a delicious dessert that is well worth the 3-step preparation. A meringue serves as the base, covered with a whipped topping and then a maple icing. In addition to being light and sweet, the most impressive part of this Maple Mont Blanc is that it is completely vegan, so no dairy, no eggs or animal by-products are used in its preparation. This is sure to impress your guests.
Note that a pastry bag is required, but you can also use large plastic bags, such as Ziploc, and snip off one of the corners.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 3h (for the meringue)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp (100 ml) juice from a can of chickpeas
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (120 g) icing sugar
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) dairy-free whipping cream* 33% M.F.
- ½ cup (60 g) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
*35% whipping cream also works well if you already have some in your fridge!
- ⅓ cup (70 g) margarine
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dairy-free whipping cream 33% M.F.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 g) maple sugar
- ½ cup (60 g) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 215°F
- Using an electric mixer, whip the chickpea juice and cider vinegar until the mixture is mostly foam.
- Still using a mixer, beat in the icing sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Make sure the sugar is well blended into the mixture before adding another spoonful.
- Beat until you have a glossy white foam that holds together.
- Pour the mixture into a pastry bag or Ziploc alternative.
- On parchment lined baking sheet, form meringues about 4 cm in diameter. You will need two baking sheets to hold all 24 meringues.
- Bake for two hours.
- Leave to dry in the oven for one hour.
It is best to chill container and whisk before preparing the filling. Ideally, place them in the freezer for 3-4 minutes beforehand.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until it foams.
- While still using the mixer, add the icing sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Then add the vanilla.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the mixture into a pastry bag/Ziploc alternative and form a small dome on each meringue.
- Smooth out the whipped cream with a spatula.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the margarine, cream, maple syrup and maple sugar.
- While still using the mixer, add the icing sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and whip until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pastry bag/Ziploc alternative and cover the desserts with the icing. You can use a different tip to achieve the same effect as in the photo.
- Freeze the dessert. Do not temper before serving, as they are delicious cold. Enjoy your Maple Mont Blanc!
For more vegan dessert ideas, go to Ultime Fit and select the Dessert filter as well as the Vegan filter, you will have a dozen delicious vegan desserts!
Nutritional values per serving: 127 calories, 8g fat, 13g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 0g protein
Vegan Maple Mont Blanc is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2022
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment