For Sugar Bugs
Have you ever had sugar cravings? Have you ever craved a particular food so much that you couldn’t get it out of your mind?
This happens to many of us, as we have the unfortunate habit of categorizing foods, and making an enemy out of sugar. However, sugar is our most important source of energy! This is part of the reason why people who are constantly dieting have a hard time managing their consumption or sweet foods on the long term. They often fall into excess, because forbidden things can seem pretty attractive!
To avoid this pitfall, treat yourself from time to time in moderate quantities. This is the key! Take the time to enjoy the foods you eat, and relish in their taste, flavours, texture, etc.
Here are some products available on the market with good ingredients that can be of interest on the nutritional level, while satisfying your sweet tooth:
- Granola bars: Kashi, Go Pure, Praeventia, True to Nature, Taste of Nature;
- Cookies: Zero Diet oatmeal raisin cookies, Praeventia, LifeStyle, Vital;
- Muffins: Zero Diet apple crisp muffins, Zero Diet zucchini carrot muffins, Zero Diet raspberry, white chocolate and macadamia nuts muffins;
- Cereal: Fourmi Bionique granola, Kashi’s GOLEAN Crunch!® cereal;
- Caramel rice cakes;
- Pudding: Belsoy, Danette;
- Fruit-flavoured Greek yogurt;
- Yogurt or ice milk.
Homemade desserts are always the best option, as you have control over the quantity of added fat and sugar.
You will find many recipes on our blog as well as in the Zero Diet book. In addition, here’s another book I love with delicious recipes: Livre desserts santé pour dents sucrées (Volumes 1 and 2).
Remember that it’s all a matter of monitoring your serving size and listening to your satiety signal!
By Marie-Ève Nadeau P.Dt.