Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
April 3, 2014 - By Nautilus Plus
Each serving of this recipe contains:
424 calories / 58 g carbs / 29 g proteins / 12 g fat / 8 g fiber
250 g ground turkey
60 ml (1/4 cup) light feta cheese, crumbled
30 ml (2 tablespoons) parsley, finely chopped
190 ml (3/4 cup) onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
10 ml (2 teaspoons) olive oil
125 ml (1/2 cup) carrots, cut in small dices
125 ml (1/2 cup) celery, cut in small dices
796 ml (1 can) San Marzano canned tomatoes, diced
10 ml (2 teaspoons) dry basil
10 ml (2 teaspoons) dry oregano
5 ml (1 teaspoon) sugar
60 ml (1/4 cup) parmesan, grated
230 g whole wheat spaghetti, dry
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the ground turkey, feta cheese, parsley, ¼ of the onions, one garlic clove, salt, and pepper. Shape into 12 even meatballs.
- In a large pan, heat 5 ml olive oil, and cook only a few meatballs at a time to ensure browning on all sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the remaining onions (125 ml) in 5 ml olive oil. Cook for 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Add the carrots, celery, and 3 garlic cloves. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, oregano, sugar and parmesan rind. Add salt and pepper, and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Using a mixer, puree the tomato sauce. Add the meatballs to the sauce to complete their cooking. Cover, lower heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Garnish your pasta with turkey meatballs and parmesan cheese.
Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2014
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment with a nutritionist