Pumpkin Spice Bread
October 17, 2022 - By Sabrina Lamarre
Autumn means cooler weather, cozy clothes, colourful landscapes and of course, comforting autumn flavoured snacks and meals like pumpkin spice!
This pumpkin spice bread is the perfect companion to a hot drink to warm you up on the chillier days of the season. You could also grill a slice in the toaster and serve it with milk or your favourite plant-based drink.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 65 minutes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chia seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ground flax seeds
- 125 ml (½ cup) soy beverage or milk
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) pumpkin puree
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla
- 375 ml (1 ¼ cups) flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) plain quick cooking oatmeal
- 125 ml (½ cup) TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) crushed walnuts
- 7.5 ml (½ tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground allspice
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground cloves
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground ginger
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground nutmeg
- Pinch of table salt
- 7.5 ml (½ tbsp) baking powder
- Pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds, flax seeds, soy beverage, pumpkin puree, and vanilla; let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, PVT, brown sugar, walnuts, spices, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and add the mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of the loaf with pumpkin seeds or walnuts (optional).
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack for about 1 hour and enjoy your pumpkin spice bread!
If you’re a fan of pumpkin spice, try these Spicy Pumpkin Bars, they’re pure delight!
Nutritional values per serving: 208 calories | 6g fat | 31g carbohydrates | 4g fibers | 7g proteins
Pumpkin Spice Bread is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2022
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment