Pumpkin Muffins with Walnut, White Chocolate and Pretzel
September 30, 2021 - By Nautilus Plus
Ahhh fall, the season when the colors are changing and the recipes are more comforting. But it’s also pumpkin lovers’ favourite time of the year! Here’s a recipe that’s perfect as a snack or dessert: Pumpkin Muffins. With their sweet and savory flavors, all mixed with fall spices…you’re sure to enjoy them!
Number of servings: 12
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup (60 mL) 2% milk
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup lightly crushed walnuts and a little more for topping.
- 1/3 cup lightly crushed pretzel chips and a little more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with brown sugar. Add pumpkin puree, milk, oil and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, milk powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Add white chocolate, walnuts and pretzels and mix gently.
- Divide the mixture evenly in the 12 muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted without leaving any residue. Let cool slightly, then enjoy.
Tip: Homemade pumpkin puree can be frozen in portions for year-round use.
Did you like these pumpkin muffins? Here is another pumpkin dessert for pumpkin lovers: Pumpkin Spice Bars!
Nutritional values per serving : 193 calories, 26 g carbs, 8 g fat, 5 g proteins, 1 g fiber
Pumpkin Muffins with Walnut, White Chocolate and Pretzel is a post from Nautilus Plus. The Nautilus Plus blog aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © Nautilus Plus 2021
A session with a nutritionist will help you on your way!
Let's establish your nutritional goals together and get some expert advice!Make an appointment with a nutritionist