Pumpkin Muffins with Walnut, White Chocolate and Pretzel
Ahhh fall, the season when the colors are changing and the recipes are more comforting. But it’s also pumpkin lovers’ favourite time of the year! Here’s a recipe that’s perfect as a snack or dessert: Pumpkin Muffins. With their sweet and savory flavors, all mixed with fall spices…you’re sure to enjoy them!
Number of servings: 12
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup (60 mL) 2% milk
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup lightly crushed walnuts and a little more for topping.
- 1/3 cup lightly crushed pretzel chips and a little more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with brown sugar. Add pumpkin puree, milk, oil and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, milk powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Add white chocolate, walnuts and pretzels and mix gently.
- Divide the mixture evenly in the 12 muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted without leaving any residue. Let cool slightly, then enjoy.
Tip: Homemade pumpkin puree can be frozen in portions for year-round use.
Did you like these pumpkin muffins? Here is another pumpkin dessert for pumpkin lovers: Pumpkin Spice Bars!