On weekends, I like to take my time to prepare a special breakfast. I don’t need a special occasion; on weekends, I enjoy relaxing and cooking! For a change from the traditional egg with toast, here is my delicious breakfast toast recipe!
10 ml (2 teaspoons) olive oil
125 ml (1/2 cup) onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 litres (8 cups) baby spinach
(232 g) 8 slices whole wheat bread, fat-free, with no added sugar
(200 g) 8 slices of light cheddar cheese, 7% M.F.
8 large eggs
A dash of Tabasco or chili flakes, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a pan, warm up 5 ml of olive oil. Add the onions and garlic, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the baby spinach, and cook for another minute. Add salt and pepper.
- Put the bread slices on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Garnish with stir-fried spinach, add cheese, and bake for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, use the same pan to add another 5 ml of olive oil, and cook your eggs over low heat for 1 minute on each side. Add salt and pepper.
- Garnish your toast with an egg, and then add some Tabasco or chili flakes, to taste.
Each serving of this recipe contains:
387 calories / 30 g carbs / 32 g proteins / 17 g fat / 9 g fibre
Side dish (per person)
Each serving of this side dish contains:
46 calories / 12 g carbs / 1 g proteins / 1 g fat / 2 g fibres
Par Sophie Blais