7 Tips to Make Meal Planning Easier
We all want to eat healthy, but first we have to plan ahead. Because of time constraints, we often choose the quick way. In addition, we think that eating healthy costs an arm and a leg, but if we take the time to make a grocery list using the flyers, we will make better choices. Here are a few small tips that helped me a lot in my organization. Try them, and you will be surprised to find how effective they are!
The secret is in the planning and preparing of food. Eating is an essential need, and one of the great pleasures of life! If we are organised, we realize that eating healthy is possible.
With my nutritionist, I learned how to plan my meals and make my grocery list in a different manner.
- Make your grocery list with the whole family. In addition to spending time together, everybody’s tastes are taken into account, and everyone can suggest what they would like. We choose new foods and give each other little challenges.
- Read the nutritional labels. With my nutritionist, I learned how to make the right choices. She gave me tips and precious advice that incited me to lower my fat consumption and replace salt. With her, I understood the importance of reading labels carefully.
- Use the flyers. Depending on what I want to eat and the weekly discounts, I browse through the flyers and make my grocery list.
- Plan the menu for the whole week. With my precious 10-4 and Zero Diet books, I decide the menu for each supper, and plan on using the leftovers for other meals and lunches.
- Choosing fruit and vegetables. I select different varieties. I choose some of my fruits ripe, and some when they are not ready yet.
- Prepare food in advance. Chop your fruit and vegetables, and stash small quantities in snack-sized bags. I put my fruits where I can see them, in a nice basket that will make me want to eat them! Pre-cooking vegetables is very practical, and ensures you won’t be caught unprepared in the evening.
- Shopping for groceries after you have already eaten is a good tip to buy less. You will avoid temptations, and keep to your well-prepared list.
By making judicious choices, both the young and the old will be pleased! These quick and effective tips will encourage you to eat healthier. In addition to furthering your weight loss process, you will have more energy to move!
Will you be tempted to try these tips?
By Nathalie Grenier