Understanding COVID-19 with DR. Richard Béliveau
Biochemistry and scientific research have never been more talked about than since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, and that’s a good thing! Since March, Dr. Richard Béliveau, Scientific Director of the Chair in Cancer Prevention and Treatment at UQAM, has joined the discussion with his column in the Journal de Montréal. The development of vaccines, the impact of chronic diseases and excess weight, different mortality rates in men and women, the use of convalescent plasma: he has covered a wide range of topics.
Supported by Nautilus Plus since 2008, the Chair in Cancer Prevention and Treatment focuses on the anti-cancer effects of food to prevent and fight against the development of the disease. Thanks to his work, we now have a better understanding of the impact of physical activity and certain foods on cancer prevention. A treatment for brain cancers, developed by the Chair, is currently undergoing clinical trials. Contribute to the Chair in Cancer Prevention and Treatment by donating online.
Face coverings are now mandatory - Details
😷 📣 IMPORTANT NOTICE 😷 📣
In accordance with government guidelines, face coverings will be mandatory*as of Saturday July 18 across the network of Nautilus Plus gym locations.
*DETAILS OF HOW THIS RULE MUST BE APPLIED IN THE GYM
– Face coverings are now mandatory as you enter the gym, when getting around in the club, and wherever the 2-metre physical distancing rule cannot be respected.
– Since Nautilus Plus has complied with the 2-metre distancing rule between fitness equipment and in the group class areas, face coverings can be removed once you are ready to begin your workout.
Example 1 :
I arrive at the gym wearing my face covering. I make my way to the locker room with face covering still on, I exit the locker room and make my way to the fitness equipment area. Once I am ready to start my workout, I can remove my face covering. Once the workout is completed, I put my face covering back on and I make my way to the next fitness equipment/area.
Example 2 :
I enter the group class area wearing my face covering and I can remove it once I have taken my place and the class is ready to start.
Example 3 :
While wearing my face covering, I make my way to the weight training equipment. Once I’ve made sure that the 2-metre distancing rule can be respected…I remove my face covering. When the exercise is complete and I am ready to move to the next training area, I put my face covering back on.
As implemented by government authorities, any member refusing to wear the proper face covering upon entering the gym will be denied entry. Thank you for your complete cooperation.
Reopening - Preventive Measures
|Hello Dear Members!
It is official; the long-awaited announcement was made on Wednesday, June 17. It is therefore with great happiness and enthusiasm that we confirm our network of 37 branches will officially reopen on Monday, June 22!
Our teams are ready to welcome you and ensure your experience is safe and simple.
Consequently, to ensure a pleasant and safe training experience for everyone, we invite you to read and respect the following instructions:
PRESENT YOURSELF AT THE TIME THAT BEST SUITS YOU!
The occupancy capacity of the centers will be revised downwards in order to respect the social distancing requirements issued by the Public Health Agency.
From now on, we ask that you scan your entry and exit (point your membership card or telephone at the optical reader) in order to make available, on our website and the mobile application, the occupancy rate, in real time, for each center. This will allow you to plan ahead and arrive when it is best suited for you.
Group classes will be available and our instructors are looking forward to welcoming you back! In order to respect the social distancing requirements, the capacity of the group exercise rooms will be limited. For this reason, and for more information regarding next week’s group class schedule, we invite you to visit our website (the schedules will be available this weekend). Free access will be offered to our classes on a first come, first serve basis.
Online consultation and coaching sessions with our kinesiologists and nutritionists are now available thanks to the new teleconference feature found on the Nautilus Plus customer monitoring software, powered by Hexfit (French only, English will be available soon).
Regarding your membership and the extension terms related to the temporary closure period, we invite you to visit the FAQ section on our website.
Finally! We are looking forward to seeing you back!
The Nautilus Plus team
Official reopening of our Nautilus Plus clubs
It’s official, the long-awaited announcement was made on Wednesday June 17. It is therefore with great pleasure, that we confirm that our network of 37 branches will officially reopen on Monday, June 22. All details on our preventive measures will be communicated to you shortly.
We are ready and waiting for you!
Can’t wait to see you again … finally!
We will be ready to welcome you safely!
Like you, we are impatiently looking forward to reopening our centers. We are working hard to put everything in place to offer you a clean and safe environment while respecting the directives issued by the government authorities. In the government’s deconfinement plan published on May 25, gymnasiums and training rooms are among the sectors of activity included in the subsequent phases of the deconfinement plan however, an official reopening date has not been announced.
As you know, being in good health remains the best way to prevent disease and reduce our vulnerability to pandemics like the one we are currently living together. Despite these unprecedented circumstances beyond our control, we remain fully committed to the pursuit of our mission which is to actively participate in your well-being and improve your health and quality of life.
In addition to encouraging responsible behavior on the part of all members and employees, our reopening plan includes the implementation of several health measures, including:
- The installation of a sink in the training area to facilitate handwashing;
- The installation of protective plexiglass at the reception and the consultation tables;
- The spacing of the cardiovascular workout equipment to respect social distancing;
- The addition of cleaning product bottles allowing you to clean your equipment;
- Many other measures that will be announced soon which will ensure your safety while simplifying your workout experience as much as possible.
Listed below are some key elements, developed during the period of closure, which are expected to be launched shortly:
- NEW: Online consultation and coaching sessions with our kinesiologists and nutritionists thanks to the new teleconference feature found on the Nautilus Plus customer monitoring software, powered by Hexfit. The competence, enthusiasm and invaluable advice of our professionals will remain available in person, and henceforth will be accessible remotely, wherever you are! We will notify you when the new service is officially launched.
- NEW: Real-time traffic information in our centers. To ensure a secure level of traffic, our center entry and exit recording system is optimized to give you access to the occupancy rate, in real time, of our network centers. Before leaving for the gym, from now on, you can consult this useful information on the Nautilus Plus mobile app or website.
- NEW: Almost all of our paper documents, including contracts, will now be sent electronically, reducing physical contact and taking an additional initiative to protect the environment!
We are grateful for your understanding and your patience during this period of closure imposed by our government for the common good. Our teams are looking forward to welcoming you soon in our centers. Rest assured that all of our employees and your club manager will be at your disposal to ensure that your experience remains comfortable, simple and positive. We are here to listen to you and respond to your concerns. If you have not already done so, we remind you to consult the FAQ document to find answers to your questions.
We hope to see you again very soon!
The entire team at Nautilus Plus