Last week, in the article 3 unknown foods to discover by Marilyne Petitclerc, we told you about quinoa. For those who had never heard about it before, or even for those who like quinoa, here is a quinoa salad recipe from my book “10-4: Perdre sainement 10 livres en 4 semaines.”
333 calories, 53 g carbohydrates, 13 g proteins, 8 g fat
½ cup (3½ oz or 125 ml) quinoa
1 tbsp (15 ml) pine nuts
½ medium tomato, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
¾ cup (175 ml) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 green onion, chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
2 tsp (10 ml) lime juice
Black pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, bring ¾ cup (175 ml) water to a boil. Gradually sprinkle the quinoa into the water.
2. Remove from heat. Cover. Leave for about 10 minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed all the water. Gently fluff the quinoa with a fork.
3. In the meantime, toast the pine nuts on a biscuit tray in the oven, taking care not to burn them.
4. Transfer the quinoa into a bowl. Add the toasted pine nuts, tomato, celery, black beans, green onion, parsley, olive oil, lime juice, and pepper. Mix well.
5. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
Serve with (1 portion)
6 strawberries coated with 2 tsp (10 ml) melted 70% dark chocolate
By Karine Larose