UltimeFit, La plateforme d'entrainement en ligne Find a gym Promotions COVID-19 measures FR
Log in
User icon
Free trial
Register
Icone abonnement
MENU

Cancer prevention

cancer

“The majority of deaths from cancer could be prevented,” say the co-authors of Prévenir le cancer, Richard Béliveau and Denis Gingras.

Only 25% of all cancers are caused by mutations occurring by chance alone, while75% of cancers are related to lifestyle. The implementation of 10 specific recommendations, the subject of extensive scientific research in recent years, has revealed remarkable results. By applying the findings of this research, the current trend can be turned around and concrete progress made in the fight against cancer.

encadre_karine larose_ang

Here is a summary of the 10 recommendations featured in the book entitled Prévenir le cancer.

tableau KL_ang

*As well as the benefits mentioned in the table, physical activity would also provide protection against uterine, lung, ovarian, and prostate cancers.

“Cancer likes calm”

An important effect of physical activity is, among other things, in the reduction of chronic inflammation in the body. Since inflammation can promote cancer progression, engaging in physical activity plays an important role in prevention. Recommendations stipulate that you should be active for at least 30 minutes a day. Research shows, however, that for maximum benefits this energy expenditure should be combined with a global change in lifestyle among those persons who devote a considerable amount of time to passive, sedentary activities. In other words, multiply the opportunities to get up, move, and be more physically active throughout the day (get up several times a day if you have a sedentary job, walk more, use the stairs, etc.) and engage in a proper exercise session three times a week. Avoid, as much as you can, remaining seated for lengthy periods.
Along with quitting smoking, adding physical activity is the change in lifestyle that provides the most health benefits, benefits like cancer prevention, but also the prevention of chronic disease in general.

By Karine Larose

Author
Karine Larose, M.Sc.

Karine Larose is a kinesiologist, Director of Marketing and Communications and Spokesperson for Nautilus Plus who specializes in fitness motivation. She authored The Guide to Healthier Living, penned the book 10-4 The Healthy Way to Lose 10 Pounds in 4 Weeks and released her third work called Zero Diet: Delicious and Healthy Recipes for Success, all by Les Éditions du TRÉCARRÉ. Karine has launched a series of exercise DVDs entitled 30 minutes par jour pour Vivre Plus and is featured on the ULTIME FIT online platform. Many TV shows and radio stations regularly request Karine’s point of view on physical exercise issues and points of interest.


Cancer preventionis a post from I'm taking charge. I'm taking charge is a blog that aims to help people in their journey to fitness through articles on training, nutrition, motivation, exercise and healthy recipes.
Copyright © I'm taking charge 2014

I'm Taking Charge - Blog